BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Thinking

Spring is a time where I think and think, get side tracked, depressed, inspired, deflated, critical, obsessed, relieved. Not in an particular order.  After going on a jog feeling irritated that my husband took my ipod and I was left with my sneaks and my thoughts. It assured to me that I am today where my thought have brought me; I will be tomorrow where my thoughts take me.

Rarely do we realize that our thoughts are just that ... our thoughts. Because we think them, we often fail to see that they are not necessarily reality. They are our view of reality at that moment...nothing less...nothing more. I often find that I will then take the original thought and embellish it, elaborate on it, and build on it, I begin to construct a house of cards which I can move into and start decorating.

Often, my mind is my worst enemy. Or, I let it be. With little effort at all I can think myself into a complete tizzy. I know, I know. We cannot actually live in the future (or past)...but...our minds can and do.

It's important to remember that our thoughts aren't real. They are processes that we can observe, find interesting, and then, let go of it we wish. We CAN think ourselves in or out of anything. It's the living that's important.


Anniversary

0 comments: