BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 12, 2012

10 Things You Wish You Had Never Learned

Anniversary

10 Things You Wish You Had Never Learned

True knowledge lies in knowing how to live. – Baltasar Gracin
At first glance this idea, to identity 10 things you wish you had never learned, may seem like negative or backwards thinking. Personal growth and self-awareness should only focus on the positive – right? However, you must first acknowledge what you want to change or heal before real growth can occur. We have all learned from the negative thoughts and experiences which have contributed to defining who we are today.

At times, we have learned to what amounts to be garbage about ourselves, our loved ones and about our role, identity and place in this world. There is no filter that has been built around us to sift through the trash we sometimes absorb.

Therefore, it is important to be your own filter. It is important to see what is working for YOU in YOUR life right now and to keep doing more of that. It is also important to recognize what is not working for you and do your best to rid yourself of this garbage.

What we think to be true; what we think we know; what we have learned can be counterproductive to our personal growth, success and happiness. Especially if what we have learned is keeping us from having the intimate relationships and personal satisfaction we deserve.

It has taken me my whole life to figure out what I wish I had never learned. I’m sure I will be adding to this list for many more years to come.
  1. I wish I had never learned that I’m not worthy to have what I want.
  2. I wish I had never learned that it’s waste of time to be spiritual and to worship.
  3. I wish I had never learned how to be smoke and mirrors.
  4. I wish I had never learned that I could change my situation by being perfect.
  5. I wish I had never learned that expressing my opinion meant being a bitch.
  6. I wish I had never learned that my value was determined by others or physical traits.
  7. I wish I had never learned that being confident and secure was only a myth.
  8. I wish I had never learned that sex equals intimacy/love/commitment/promise or a door to marriage.
  9. I wish I had never learned that speaking up for my needs was a waste of time.
  10. I wish I had never learned that I wasn’t enough.
THANK GOD for unlearning this garbage! 

What do you wish you have never learned?

0 comments: