BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

the shoe company that saved June 27


Okay, okay, maybe not saved June 27. But I am thrilled. I have been looking for the perfect pair of shoes longer than I have spent looking for a dress. Dare I say, I think I hold the record for getting engaged on the Thursday and finding the dress on Sunday!

So I found these shoes a few weeks ago on Ebay -discontinued black and white spectator peep toe Lords at the just the right height. Before me, at the very last second, I was outbid. Did I mention that they were discontinued? So I then spent the subsequent days searching and searching for any place that had these shoes in my odd size of 6.5. Fruitlessly, might i add. I even emailed places who were blatantly out of stock. After letting them be prevvy to my situation, I requested them to contact me should these discontinued shoes surface.

Then....I get an email from this random ma-and-pop-shop in Lake City, FL! Some lady came in and returned her pair - yes, in size 6.5! "Girlfriend, you are so lucky! Do you realize how impossibly these shoes are?!" she says.

I am thrilled! I know that this is a seemingly petty little detail but I LOOOOOve shoes. It is my one indulgance.

0 comments: